One of the most important aspects of designing a solar array is sizing module strings to operate within the parameters of the selected inverter. Renewable Energy Associates has developed a tool to help in that process. Most inverter manufacturers offer some type of sizing tool, whether it’s simple or advanced, it’s usually limited to selecting only their products. The REA System Sizing Tool lets you select from a wide variety of products and manufacturer’s.
Our tool is free and available for download just fill out the quick questionnaire below. We respect your privacy and take protecting it seriously. The information gathered from this questionnaire is being used to research ways we could potentially expand this service. Thank you and please consider making a donation to help with monthly updates!
1. The tool now requires you to turn on macros. For those concerned about security we can not guarantee that the tool will work well, accurately or at all without macros enabled.
2. We will no longer be taking request for additional micro-inverters to be added to the tool as the tool is a string size calculator and there are no strings with micro inverters.
3. Request for additional equipment will require a spec sheet of the product you are requesting.
Have a question about the string sizing tool or a suggestion which might make it better? Feel free to leave a comment below. Updates will be made periodically.
- Thousands of modules.
- Hundreds of inverters.
- Add your own module or inverter.
- World Wide ASHRAE locations. 5,000+
- Create your own custom sites.
- Dual MPPT’s configuration possible.
- Voltage drop calculator.
- Performance calculator.
- Quick Printing features.